Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Grow a few inches.... Or..

Get a stool! It's so frustrating to not be able to rich the top shelves in the kitchen. Or get things down that I put above the cupboards. That is why I got myself this handy dandy stool! Just a couple dollars at Goodwill. Our Goodwill is seriously lacking in this town but this is one good thing to come from it. Only it was not a pretty stool and it did not match my kitchen whatsoever. So being the crafty girl that I am I decided to give it a makeover!! Now it looks great in my kitchen and easily slides under the table when I dont need it or it is in the way.
So its not very pretty. I mean its got some style its just not working it very well. Its hard to see the knicks, scratches and marker in this picture but its there, trust me.
The first thing I did was sand it to even out the dings and marks. Plus, sanding gives it a rougher surface so that paint sticks better to it.

I picked out red paint that matched the microwave stand we have in the corner of the kitchen. I personally feel that this red has a country feel to it. When I see reds like this one I just imagine seeing it in a country house out in the boondocks.  I also sanded the stool after I painted it to give it a distressed look. Now it doesnt look brand new but it looks great in my Kitchen.
Perfect for reaching the top shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment