Saturday, October 1, 2011

Project Kitchen

Moving is such a hassle! As everything went into the kitchen I had no idea how to possibly make it all fit. We dont have alot of cupboard space and only one drawer in the entire kitchen.
As you can see most everything is still in boxes! It seemed like such a daunting task I wasnt sure where to start. My idea for the kitchen was a rustic county feel. I wanted it to have a warm sunshine picnic feeling as well as a barn type feeling.
Getting that feeling is the hard part. You have to find items and decorations that work well. At the same time it has to maintain function and flexibility. I want to eventually add some curtains over those bright windows. The kind that pull back to the sides so that when we want we can have the natural light in the kitchen but be able to close out the heat when the sun is shining on that side of the house.
To hide some of the clutter from our wedding gifts, dishes and bowls. I put a stack of shelves on the other side of the fridge so that it isnt seen by everyone coming in and out of our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment