Saturday, October 1, 2011

Project Kitchen- The Table

 The kitchen I am keeping the decorations pretty simple. Because of the small space in our kitchen it already feels cluttered with dishes and utensils so to add alot of decorations seemed like it would just add too much to the room. So the first thing I did was only put two chairs around our table since there is only me and my husband. I angled them so they didnt look so straight and boring.

The family sign in the back was made by my Aunt Kristin. It is blocks of wood painted with holes drilled in the top to string the ribbon through. I alternated high and low to give it some character before hanging them on a small curtain rod. Getting ribbons the even at the right length was the hard part. I laid them on the ground which made it alot easier. I think when it comes to things like this everyone finds their own tricks.

 For the centerpiece it was all about antique or thrift stores and garage sales. I found the half gallon blue jar at a garage sale which was awesome! They came in a pair and my Mom got the other one. then I found the quart sized jar at a thrift store and couldnt pass it up. That was about the time I got the idea to use them together and started to keep my eyes out for other sizes. I was so excited to find the pint sized jar at an antique store I grabbed it immediately. I didnt spend more than a couple dollars on the jars. Then I just wrapped twine on the top and but in some white flowers that can look just as pretty dry as they can blooming in water. All that was needed was the doily underneath, which I also picked up from a thrift store. And wha-la a beautiful antique centerpiece!

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination of blue glass, lace doily, and little white flowers! :-D

    ReplyDelete